Thursday, June 18, 2015

How beachbody lowered my stress while planning my wedding.

You dream of your BIG DAY since you are a little girl. I get it. I'm with ya! I did too. When you think of your wedding you think of that big day, not the planning, time consumed to prep, and money spent and bumps along the way when you change venues, change your date, move the wedding up by MONTHS! Yep thats me too. Heres a little back story.
Engaged on Memorial Day 2014 my now hubby both agreed that we wanted a laid back, fall barn wedding. We wanted to get married in the church where his parents and sister married. GREAT FIRST STEPS. We did have one disagreement, the year. I was sure I could get a dress, plan the wedding, get it ALL done by fall of that year! (like less than 5 months away!) Still to this day I think I could have done it!! :) But with marriage comes compromise and I compromised. He wanted it to be done right and didn't feel it needed to be rushed. So there we set the date.. September 26, 2015. But wait... I'm already married so how did that change!??  Here's the catch. Winter of 2014 was not looking good for his grandma Peter. She was going downhill and fast. She played a huge role in his life and we knew in reality that she probably wasn't going to make it to the wedding if it was a whole 2 seasons away. So me.. just ready to be married.. and having some issues with size of the guest list fitting into our barn venue at the time anyway, and my dad not thrilled with the date being a farmer, I started thinking, what if we moved the wedding up for Grandma!? He thought I was crazy! Said there was no way, shape, or form that he was moving the wedding up that far, and icing on the cake he said," I don't want a Winter wedding!! " Ok... so now what to do. I do what I'm good at, plan it out, make it visual for him, calm him down and tell him I got this all taken care of, and that I can't walk down the isle my myself. I also talked to other family and friends to bounce around ideas, opinions and look at options. At this point I had the big stuff already planned out. It was just finding a date that all parties involved had an open date. The biggest issue was Venue. We went from having a barn/outdoor reception to January-March wedding options. In Iowa outdoor just isn't going to happen!!! I looked and looked. I found our venue. Gates Hall in Nevada. They had 2 dates that we could have. January 31st and March 21st. I ran these dates by Dave. Keep in mind its like October/November at this time frame. He finally agreed to March 21st. Good thing we didn't do January 31st because we had a mega Ice storm/blizzard that whole day and next!!  So now all of a sudden we went from getting married almost a year away to getting married in a few months! That puts a lot of stress on the budget. Here we were thinking we had all this time to slowly pay for things and then all the sudden BAM things need paid for like right now!! My salon was BUSY during the holidays, but once january comes is a slump! Everyone is just in before the holidays to get their fresh new hair cuts and colors. Thankfully I had beachbody in my life and January 1st is HUGE for Fitness, weight loss, New Years Resolutions! Being that I was helping people gain control of their health and fitness, ridding their bodies of Christmas goodies, and being their accountability partner I was able to help multiple ladies reach goals, and get that much closer to their goals. With helping people comes pay checks every week. The more people you help the more money you make. Being that I was helping quite a few I was able to pay for my photographer/pictures, my DJ, some of the decorative things, my new boots, (Yes i wore boots, no heels for this girl), bachelor/bachelorette party bus, and some of the venue, ALL with my beachbody income. Thank the Lord for that because I wasn't paying for things with a credit card. I had extra income that could go twards my wedding. Yes we did have great family. We by no means paid for all our wedding or even half that really. My parents were great, Dave's mom pitched in, Dave helped out. We are blessed with a great support system. We were getting closer and closer and we were scared if Gma Dorothy was even going to make it to the wedding in March! Unfortunately she didn't. :( She was about 40 some days short of the wedding. We moved on and had the wedding on March 21st. Ik she was still watching down on us that day, and I think it was her stubborn Dane, other parents and grandparents who were watching down on us that day who gave us such a great day!! We had PERFECT weather! Mid 60's, Sunny, slight breeze, and green grass with buds on the trees. :) Theres somethings you just know. Yep that was suppose to happen today. The nice weather gave us that validation that all the people we love were with us on that special day. Once the wedding was over it was nice to enjoy and not be stressed out about money. Didn't have to get a loan, no credit cards were involved in paying for the wedding and that in itself is a huge relief. If you or someone you know needs the extra income about what is coaching. If its right for them, and how they can make their dreams reality. I'd love to talk to you. Now I'm paying off student loan debt, working on our house salon project, and eventually saving for children so when the time comes I can have a full maternity leave! :) You were made for more. Don't keep being in debt with the same ol same ol. Do something to take action and I promise you coaching is one of the most rewarding things because you are helping so many people in online accountability support groups get control of their health and fitness, gain confidence, lose that weight they've been holding on to for so long. Its a huge reward to get that txt message, or email telling you they are so excited because they feel better than they have ever felt, lost 10+ pounds in 21 days and have control of their eating habits. Very rewarding!! If you want in on the next accountability group contact me in the HOME page and I will help you too get on track!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment